Communication is one of the things I talk and tweet about the most. It is also the area where I am trying to become better. If you are trying to improve in anything, the first task should be to figure out how to measure it
Here is how I am measuring my communication skills at work:
- How often are key stakeholders asking for an update from me because I did not proactively share it.
- If I get an important update/announcement email reviewed by my manager, how many edits he has to do.
- If I have sent out an update, how many follow up questions I am getting which should have been answered in the update itself.
- The number of times people in my team reaches out to me after I write something, saying something on the lines of “that sounded harsh” or “it could have been framed better”.
- The number of times my Manager has to point out mistakes in something I shared on slack/ email.
- If we have another Growth Framework Review, the score I get on communication.
- How many times my manager has to follow up with me on some message where we were both tagged.
- If I am following the pyramid principle of communication or not.
Stay up to date with my latest posts/tweets here: @manas_saloi