There are 2 ways to write a requirements document
- For a product spec, I prefer focussing on the following:
- HOW right; basically the 3 elements you need for product development It is part of the spec template I shared here: Twitter emoji spec
- For a document on the improvement of an existing workflow/process, the focus should on
- Outcome we want after the new workflow is set up
- What is the current workflow
- Gaps in the current workflow which are avoiding us getting the outcome we want
- Path to the outcome I have not yet shared a template for this, but it something I want to do eventually!