- Don’t come to a meeting without knowing what you want as an outcome.
- Don’t set up a meeting just to discuss problems. Be solution minded. Have a recommendation.
- Don’t write a spec without asking first why you are building it.
- Don’t come to a meeting without reading the agenda and the relevant docs.
- Don’t start development of a feature without first making sure that the nitty gritties have been worked out.
- Don’t wait for your manager to write your charter for you.
Want to be a better PM? Then do your homework. But let’s face it, you probably won’t.