You need to discuss the following with your manager:
- Org ladder - where you stand in the org.
- GFW skill - rating across various tracks relevant for a PM.
- Individual development plan - plan for development, closing skill gaps.
- 360* review - done yearly/biyearly.
- 1-1 document - for weekly 1-1.
- Brag doc - to help in promotion.
- Gap analysis - close the skill gap and level up with your IDP plan.
- Your USP - what kind of PM do you want yourself to be known as?
- Skip-level 1:1s - Do these.
- Career Skills Map
- Intercom ladder
- Product Manager Skills by Seniority Level
- 3 reasons why PMs don’t get promoted
Stay up to date with my latest posts/tweets here: @manas_saloi